Please find attached some information you may find useful to share with your child/ward following National Careers Week 2022.
National Careers Week 2022
Following the success of National Careers Week at SJP last week, I wanted to write to all families to inform you about additional opportunities and resources that may help your children.
At times, the amount of choices that children need to make at school, from GCSE options to apprenticeships, university courses and career pathways, can be overwhelming. This is where meaningful and effective careers advice comes in.
As well as the work we are doing in school at SJP, here are some other useful resources that may help:
- The Start Programme is an innovative digital careers platform that the school buys into. Parents, carers and pupils can access the platform without the need to login but you can also create yourself an account for free. To get started, please visit www.careers.startprofile.com/page/parents
- National Careers Week Virtual Careers Fair or https://www.ncwtv.co.uk/
- Explore the new Liverpool City Region Careers Hub to the local labour market picture.
- You can get tips on what conversations to have with your child on the Talking Futures website. It is designed to give you the information you need to have informed conversations with your child about what they want to do in the future.
- All the different training pathways are set out on the ‘Get The Jump’ Skills for Life section of the National Careers Service website, which has been designed for young people to help them work out their next move. This has information about all the different education and training pathways and shows how they compare and where they can lead to.
We hope you find this information useful. Please do not hesitate to get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Careers Lead - HFCMAT.