The vision of the careers element of the PD curriculum is that students will leave our school with the drive and ambition to accomplish their chosen career pathway, and that they will become ambitious, successful, caring citizens equipped with the confidence and skills capable of making decisions in any given situation.
The 8 Gatsby Benchmarks
The Gatsby Benchmarks are a framework of 8 guidelines that define the best careers provision in schools and colleges. Our careers programme is built upon these benchmarks:
- A stable careers programme.
- Learning from career and labour market information.
- Addressing the needs of each pupil.
- Linking curriculum learning to careers.
- Encounters with employers and employees.
- Experiences of workplaces.
- Encounters with further and higher education.
- Personal guidance.