Year 10 Trial Examinations.
Further to Mrs Sharratt’s parentmail, I am writing to inform you that your daughter/son will be taking end of year trial exams beginning this week. We understand that there has been significant disruption to learning and routines during the last three academic year and these examinations are key in establishing good routines for formal examinations as well as identifying areas for improvement in learning.
In preparation for the forthcoming trial examinations, Year 10 students will have had a special assembly to go through expectations and timetable of the examinations. I would like to stress the importance of full attendance and the need to be punctual to school to avoid missing examinations. When students have an examination in the afternoon that finishes before 15:10, they will be dismissed after the examination. I have indicated an approximate time on the timetable so you have an idea when students will be making their way home. This will give our students an opportunity to refresh during a busy time.
I have attached an updated, student friendly, copy of the trial examination timetable. Students have been given a paper copy of the attached timetable. We would ask you to encourage your child to revise thoroughly before these exams. All trial exams will be completed by Friday 1st July 2022.
All students have been reminded of the following expectations:
- Full preparation/revision ahead of trial exams
- 100% attendance
- AM exams begin at 09:00 and PM exams begin at 13:00
- Bring the correct equipment for each exam, including calculators where necessary
- Equipment must be brought in a clear pencil case/plastic wallet
- Only water is allowed in the exam hall, in a clear bottle with the label removed
- Mobile phones must be switched off and left in bags
- Coats and bags to be placed on shelves outside of the sports hall
- Students will sit in the same seat for each exam
- Smart watches are not permitted in exams
- Once dismissed from exams, students must either return to lesson or leave site as directed by staff
We are very proud of our students and their positive attitude towards their learning, despite such difficult and unsettling times due to COVID and we wish them the best of luck with their trial exams.
If you have any concerns or questions, please do not hesitate to contact Mrs Austin (Head of Learning) at school on 0151 645 5049 or via email at Year10@stjohnplessington.com
Alpha & Beta timetables attached.
Mr B Nunnery
Assistant Head Teacher KS4