Year 11 Trial Examinations – 29th November 2021 - 9th December 2021
Year 11 trial examinations will take place from Monday 29th November 2021 until Thursday 9 December. In preparation for these examinations, students will have a special assembly to go through expectations, COVID risk assessment arrangements and their personalised timetables, including their seat numbers. I would like to stress the importance of full attendance and the need to be punctual to school to avoid missing examinations.
I have attached a student friendly copy of the trial examination timetable. Please be aware that all students in ALPHA and BETA have exams at the same time. Students will shortly be given an individual timetable with their seat number attached for the exams. When students have their examinations in the afternoon, they will be dismissed after the examination if the exam finishes before the end of the school day. I have indicated an approximate time on the timetable so you have an idea when students will be making their way home. This will give our students an opportunity to refresh during a busy time. Please be advised that school buses will run at normal time at the end of the school day.
If your child has an intervention session after school, after their exam has finished they will be asked to wait in the canteen until the end of the school day so they can attend their small group intervention session.
A reminder that in the unlikely event that external summer exams are cancelled this trial exam round would be used as part of the evidence for teacher assessed grades.
All students have been reminded of the following expectations:
- Full preparation/revision ahead of exams is crucial
- 100% attendance is imperative
- Arrive to school on time at 8.30am and go to Academic Review as appropriate
- Morning exams begin at 9am
- Afternoon exams begin at 1pm
- Bring the correct equipment for each exam, including calculators where necessary
- Equipment must be brought in a clear pencil case/plastic wallet
- Only water is allowed in the exam hall, in a clear bottle with the label removed
- Mobile phones must be switched off and left in bags
- Coats and bags to be placed on shelves outside of the Sports Hall
- Students will sit in the same seat for each exam
- Smart watches are not permitted in school
- Once dismissed from exams, students must either return to lesson or leave site as directed by staff
We are very proud of our students and their positive attitude towards their learning, despite such difficult and unsettling times during their GCSE courses, and we wish them the best of luck with their exams.
If you have any concerns or questions, please do not hesitate to contact Mr Hughes (Head of Learning) at school on 0151 645 5049 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr B Nunnery
Assistant Head Teacher Year 11