It was a morning of joy for those at St John Plessington Catholic College, Bebington, today for GCSE results day.
Year 11 students were delighted to be back at school with their peers to receive their long-awaited GCSE results.
This year, following the pandemic, GCSE exams were sat under normal conditions for the second time and students have had to deal with the shift back to pre-pandemic arrangements and grading systems
Despite this, students at St John Plessington have performed well across all curriculum areas.
Staff and students alike were delighted with this year’s results. Many staff members attended school this morning to share in the success and achievements of the students.
There have been many success stories this year.
- Julia excelled across her subjects, receiving five grade 9s, two grade 8s, two grade 7s, and a grade 6.
- Giuliana, another dedicated student, achieved four grade 9s, one 8, three 7s as well as a 6 and 5.
- Achieving four grade 8s, three grade 7s, two grade 6s and a grade 5, Peter performed excellently.
- Arwen received fantastic results including one grade 9, three grade 7s, and six grade 6s.
- As a result of his hard work, Isaac achieved two grade 8s, three 7s, a 6, three 5s, and a distinction*.
- Noah is another student who received great results: three grade 7s, five grade 6s, and two grade 5s.
Following their GCSEs, students will be moving on to further education, studying for A-levels and BTECs, with all of the above students, and many other Year 11s, choosing to remain at St John Plessington and enter Year 12 as part of its sixth form.
Mr Peadar McLoughlin, headteacher of the school, said: “It has been a fantastic morning at St John Plessington Catholic College, celebrating the achievements of our Year 11 students. During their time here, they have shown so much dedication and it has most definitely paid off. We are all so proud of them, they are a credit to our school and Trust.
“A huge congratulations to all our students receiving results today. I am looking forward to seeing many familiar faces in sixth form.”
The Bebington-based school is part of the Holy Family Catholic Multi Academy Trust which also includes St Joseph’s Catholic Primary, St Bernard’s RC Primary School, St Mary’s Catholic College, Our Lady of Pity RC Primary School, and St Augustine’s Catholic Primary in Runcorn