St John Plessington Catholic College

8-Jun-20 Message from the Head Teacher to Yr 10 & 12

Dear Parents and Carers

As you will be aware from the announcement on Friday, the R rate across the NW has increased to 1.01. An R rate of below 1 was one of the government's 5 key tests that needed to be met in order for schools to be opened more widely alongside track and trace systems to support the reliable tracing of infection. 

As a result of this new information, The Holy Family Catholic Multi Academy Trust have decided to delay the wider opening of all its schools until 22nd June at the earliest. We will still be open to children of key workers and vulnerable groups but will not open to additional year groups until the 22nd, unless we receive any further information around the scientific evidence. We hope that this will reassure you at this time. 

I wanted to let parents know as early as possible. I know some of you have made appointments already and thank you for your swift responses. We will cancel those and I will write to you again once we have clarity. Thank you for your patience in these difficult times.

Over the next few weeks we will continue to support our children through home learning and staying connected with families. 

Yours sincerely

Simon Rylance