The proper place for your child to be on a College Day is at College !
If they are not able to be in School, it must be for a justifiable reason, e.g. illness.
- On the first day of your absence, please should ring the College (0151 645 5049) giving the reason for your child's absence
- When they return to College, please give them a letter or note in their planner for the Form Tutor to explain why they have been away
- If you know in advance that they are going to be away, pleas send a letter to your child's Form Tutor requesting permission and giving the reason and details
Your child's Form tutor will enquire about and investigate unjustified absences, possibly with the help of the Education Welfare Officer. The college operates a first day absence procedure which means that we will contact you on the first day of your child's unexplained absence.
If there are problems, talk to someone first, your child's Form Tutor, for instance or their Learning Coach or Head of Learning.
Truancy will not make the problem go away! It will make things worse.
Always Remember: Totals for attendance and punctuality will be included on your child's annual Record of Achievement.
- Always make sure you are at your Form Room or Classroom no later than the times shown on the Timetable
- When you arrive in college, you must make sure that you are marked present by attending period one.
- Your teacher will mark you absent in the register if you arrive at Registration after 08.40 am
- After 8.40 am you must go to the office and sign in the Late Book, stating the time and reason for your lateness
ALL LATE ARRIVALS WILL BE RECORDED IN YOUR STUDENT PLANNER.
YOU MUST SIGN OUT IF LEAVING SCHOOL DURING SCHOOL HOURS – THIS IS A FIRE REGULATION REQUIREMENT.
If you have to attend an appointment during School hours:
- You must bring a letter from home for your Form Tutor to get permission.
- If you need to leave during a lesson, you must show this letter to the Subject Teacher.
- You MUST sign out and receive a pass from the office.
- If you return to School, remember to return the pass to the office.
ILLNESSES AND ACCIDENTS
The School has a trained ‘First Aider’ who will deal with illnesses and accidents, which happen during School time.
Please note: the School is not allowed to give aspirin or paracetamol to students.
If you are not feeling well, you must:-
- Inform your Form Tutor or Subject Teacher
- Ask for an ‘Exit Class’ pass
- Report to Mrs Lloyd at the first aid room where you will be assessed. Mrs Lloydr may send you back to class if she feels you can carry on
- If you are unable to continue with lessons, your family will be contacted to arrange for you to be collected and taken home.
YOU MUST NOT MAKE YOUR OWN ARRANGEMENTS TO GO HOME.
If you have to take medication, please DO NOT carry it around in your bag. Make sure the medicine is clearly labelled with your name and leave it with the First Aider. You should then call at the Office at the prescribed times to take the medicine.
Arrangements can be made for Students to have specific medication at lunchtimes.
- Parents are urged to organise any Family Holiday during the School Holiday period.
- If a pupil is absent from college during term time, they will miss lessons which may well be vital to their understanding of a particular topic
- Pupil absence has a marked effect on pupil performance in external tests and examinations
- Letters requesting permission for pupils to go on family holidays during term time should be addressed to the Head Teacher, Mr T P Quinn