Holy Family MAT
Formation Inspiration Transformation
Salary Scale: MPS/UPS.
Contracts: FIXED TERM
Start date: September 2021 or sooner
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 12th May, 2021
An enthusiastic, dynamic and inspirational Teacher of English is required to join a thriving and successful curriculum area.
This role represents an incredibly exciting opportunity for any candidate who is eager to be a part of an organisation that seeks to secure the very highest educational standards for students, who has high standards, commitment, passion, and the ability to teach across the full range of age and ability.
The successful candidate will share in our vision for Catholic Education as part of a successful and experienced English department, which is committed to raising academic standards for all students whilst supporting the spiritual and moral development of the whole person.
The English department is both innovative and supportive with a history of strong results at KS4 and 5, focused on inspiring children to reflect, learn and achieve.
St John Plessington Catholic College Voluntary Academy has been an outstanding and oversubscribed 11-18 college for more than 10 years. The has recently been designated a Teaching School Hub. This is an opportunity to join a English department where a love of English is nurtured and students are encouraged to develop a love of English beyond the classroom.
What we are looking for teachers who:
- Want to transform children’s lives and develop a love of English.
- Are excellent classroom practitioners
- Work well with staff and students alike
- Are looking to join a community of schools that promotes the formation of young people into successful citizens
- Are interested in developing their practice and committed to their own professional development
- A unique opportunity to work for a MAT which includes the lead school for Cheshire and Wirral Maths Hub and a cutting edge Teaching School Hub.
- Mentoring and high level training
- Encouragement to develop your career with excellent promotion opportunities and opportunities to engage in system leadership
- A caring environment with well-being and work/life balance at its core.
- Inclusion in whole school and MAT teams – working together to achieve ambitious outcomes whilst valuing every individual’s contribution